Sunday 25 October 2015

Underneath Your Clothes

The warmer weather is here, to my infinite relief and I have been sorting through my clothes from last season. I still really like almost all of them, so one of the challenges I have set myself is to find new ways to wear them. You may remember this top from last summer - I loved the strappy style, but struggled with the fear of scar exposure. I ultimately found a work-around with fashion tape. This season I have found another solution, and one that I feel really happy with.
                                                   Tunic: Nicola Waite
                                                   Camisole:ScanlanTheodore
                                                   Shorts: Country Road
I bought this sheer tunic as a layering piece to wear over shorts. I figured it would minimise skin exposure whilst still giving me the coolness and airflow of exposing my legs. Happily, I discovered that it also works for strappy tops. The high neck and close fit means I can be confident that I am not showing the world my chest, whilst the light style still looks summer-y and cool and feels comfortable to wear.

 Sheer and lacey garments seem to be trending at the moment - I am seeing a lot of sheer skirts with opaque linings that end above the knee, so I am happy to have found another way to make this look work for me.

Have you restyled any of your garments from last season?

Underneath Your Clothes by Shakira

5 comments:

  1. Clever layering. I had to look very closely at the pic to see that it's a strappy top. From a distance it looks like one piece. Stylish and meetings your needs:) It is just getting warm here so I am only now starting to play with my summer things. I definitely need to work on how to style my older things differently this summer as while I still like them, I am feeling a tad bored with some of them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Deborah. That's my problem too- bright, shiny new things are always more interesting to me!

      Delete
  2. Genius! I would never of thought of that type of combination...very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vickie. I'm going to experiment with crew neck tanks underneath strappy tops too. I saw a woman wearing a T-shirt under a sun dress the other day, and it occurred to me that I might have more options than I had previously realised. :)

      Delete
  3. You always look lovely - and this dress are such a great addition to your collection! Thanks for this design clothes online tutorial.

    ReplyDelete