Saturday 21 March 2015

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

My sister has just returned home after spending the weekend with me at the Comedy Festival in Brisbane. This is a birthday tradition for her and the only variation this year was that my sister-in-law came with her. We had a wonderful time, and I thought I would share the photos to give you an idea of how my wardrobe works to meet the requirements of my lifestyle on a weekend with more than the usual number of outings and social events.
                             
Here we are heading out on Friday night to see Will Anderson. My top hasn't photographed well, but it has a sparkly thread woven through it. I teamed it with cropped pants and black heels.

The next day, we went out to lunch at Cove at Southbank. Both of my sons came and brought their partners with them. We had a delicious lunch in an alfresco setting overlooking the river and were feeling very content with life until a severe storm hit Brisbane and we were soaked. To be clear, the restaurant is covered and we were sitting right at the back, so that will give you some idea of the ferocity of the rain and wind!
I wore my trapeze mini skirt, flat sandals and the silk T-shirt from last year that my husband hates. It was a very comfortable outfit for the 30 degree heat before the storm, but wet T-shirts and breastless chests are definitely not a good combination!

My sister-in-law says she was actually quite frightened. My sister says the white chocolate mousse made it all good!

We made it home in time to shower and change for our next sessions at the Comedy Festival - Glenn Robbins and Dave O'Neill, followed by Tom Gleeson. We all agreed it was our favourite night and we had a fabulous time.
I wore white pants with my orange crop worn reversed. That gave me some coverage over my tummy and a small sliver of age-inappropriate skin exposure at the back. Well, we all have to rage against the dying of the light in a way that feels good to us!

Today, we slept in and there was a mad last-second dash to get out the door in time to make the plane. Sadly there was no time to take a photo of the girls before we left.
This is my outfit for today. The top is a favourite which you have seen a number of times before and the pants are a comfy stretch fabric, perfect for curling up on the couch. I felt really happy that there were clothes I felt good in and that were occasion-appropriate for every part of the weekend. I am aiming to achieve the same thing with my winter wardrobe, so I will keep you posted on my hits and misses as the weather cools.

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for giving all of the breastless women out here more ideas for dressing confidently! You are beautiful inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have found my ramblings helpful, Oma Heidi. I wish you joy in your own journey.

    ReplyDelete