Wednesday 5 March 2014

Holiday

Well, by the time this post is published I will be on holidays! I had booked a trip to Hong Kong for September last year and postponed it after my diagnosis, due to the uncertainty about how I would be feeling and what treatment I would require. I was quite disappointed, but now my friend and I plan to make up for lost time!
Top:Cue
Pants:Just Jeans
Sandals:Joanne Mercer
This knit top was one I bought with an eye towards layering it under tops and dresses for winter. I have worn it under the black Mod dress I showed you a few weeks ago and liked the effect, and I can also see it working under the white crop top I showed you last year. I am also planning to wear it under the plum jacket you saw last week.



Wide, high contrast strips are not the most flattering choice for someone with broad shoulders and no breasts but I actually felt good wearing this and will probably wear it again with jeans and boots over winter.  I would never have felt comfortable wearing a top this close-fitting a few months ago, so I feel proud of myself that I have reached a new level of self-acceptance. Hopefully, that will prove to be a permanent move, and not just a holiday! What is your dream holiday destination?



No comments:

Post a Comment